The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) requires certain companies over a certain size to submit a report categorizing their employees by race/ethnicity, gender, and job category. This demographic survey, called the EEO-1, is due by October 30 (most years this deadline is September 30). Companies that meet the following criteria are required to file the report:
• Have 100 or more employees; or
• Have fewer than 100 employees if the company is owned by or affiliated with another company and the entire enterprise employs a total of 100 or more employees; or
• Is a Federal government prime contractor or first-tier subcontractor with 50 or more employees and a contract or subcontract amounting to $50,000 or more; or
• Serves as a depository of Government funds in any amount; or
• Is a financial institution which is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. Savings Bonds and Notes.
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2015 EEO-1 SURVEY
- COMPANIES ARE NOW ABLE TO OBTAIN AND RESET THEIR PASSWORDS.
- COMPANY LOCATIONS WITH SAME ADDRESS AND SAME NAICS CODE MUST CONSOLIDATE THOSE LOCATIONS INTO ONE RECORD.
- THE REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE THE EMPLOYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (EIN) FOR EACH ESTABLISHMENT LOCATION WILL BE MORE CAREFULLY MONITORED.
Read More Here: 2015 EEO-1 Survey